Life at WEDC
Love Where You Work. Love Where You Live.
WEDC employees are diverse in their backgrounds, skills, expertise and interests, but they all share a common passion for making a positive impact on the state’s economic growth. They are a group of individuals with a strong spirit of cooperation who work toward a common goal of maintaining the core values of the organization:
- Integrity – We will hold ourselves to the highest ethical standards
- Respect – We will value and support each other
- Accountability – We will monitor our actions, celebrate our successes and commit to continuous improvement
- Collaboration – We will build strong relationships to accomplish our mission
- Customer Centeredness – We will maintain the highest level of responsiveness to our customers
WEDC helps to foster this passion and empower the thought-leadership of its employees through a strong, dedicated leadership team, and by providing advanced tools and technologies that encourage collaboration.
We offer our employees a comprehensive and competitive benefits package and, while WEDC observes core working hours between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm Monday through Friday, flexible work schedules may be arranged depending upon the needs of the business.
Life In Madison, WI
As a college town and capital city, Madison offers a unique combination of culture, recreation, growth and stability that consistently make it a top community to live, work, play and raise a family.
- With a population of 230,000, Madison is the second largest city in Wisconsin.
- The crown jewel of the city’s downtown is the State Capitol and its stunning rotunda, modeled after the Capitol in Washington, D.C.
- On Saturdays throughout the spring, summer and fall, more than 170 area farmers transform the Capitol Square into a nationally recognized open-air market, providing farm-to-table produce, meat, cheese and baked goods.
- The Madison area features five lakes, more than 260 parks and 120 miles of shared-use trails and paths.
- The University of Wisconsin−Madison provides access to vibrant culture, world-renowned research and development, intellectual thought leadership and top-ranked athletics.