Vice President, Entrepreneurship and Innovation
Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation
Aaron Hagar is vice president of entrepreneurship and innovation for the Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation (WEDC).
Aaron previously served as WEDC’s senior technology investment manager, where he gained valuable experience helping technology-based Wisconsin companies achieve their growth potential. In more than four years with the agency, he has built strong relationships within the state’s entrepreneurial community, which will allow him to quickly advance ongoing efforts to support Wisconsin’s startups and innovation-based businesses.
Prior to joining the Wisconsin Department of Commerce, WEDC’s predecessor agency, in 2010, Aaron served as an economic development consultant in Minneapolis, where he worked with a coalition of government, business and community groups to develop policy recommendations to support community revitalization goals.
Aaron holds a master’s degree in urban and regional planning, with a focus on economic and workforce development, from the Hubert H. Humphrey Institute of Public Affairs at the University of Minnesota-Minneapolis. He also holds a bachelor of science degree in medical microbiology from the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- Government and community networks' roles in supporting the startup community
- WEDC entrepreneurship and innovation strategy
- Wisconsin investor tax credit program (QNBV)
- WEDC program: Capital Catalyst, Seed Accelerator and Technology Development Loans
- R&D to commercialization; analysis and summary of Wisconsin activities
- Raising financing and requirements at the different stages of company development
To submit your request for a speaker for an upcoming event, please contact Mark Maley at 608.210.6706.