Top minority, woman, and veteran-owned businesses announced October 24th
MADISON, WI. Sept. 24, 2019– Twenty-five Wisconsin companies from 12 cities have been named finalists for the 2019 MARKETPLACE Governor’s Awards, which honor outstanding Wisconsin businesses owned by minorities, women and service-disabled veterans.
More than 150 nominations were received this year recognizing the achievements of Wisconsin businesses of all sizes and industries. Winners will be announced at a breakfast Thursday, Oct. 24, at MARKETPLACE 2019, the Governor’s Conference on Diverse Business Development. The event will be held at the Potawatomi Hotel and Conference Center in Milwaukee with the support of more than 25 sponsors, including Keystone Sponsor U.S. Bank and Governor’s Award Breakfast Sponsor Milwaukee Business Journal.
Businesses are being honored in two main categories: Outstanding Business Award, which recognizes established businesses that have demonstrated the capacity to grow and have plans for continued expansion; and the Rising Star Award, which honors businesses established after 2015 that have demonstrated strong growth potential.
Awards are given to certified minority-owned business enterprises (MBE), woman-owned business enterprises (WBE) and service-disabled veteran businesses (SDVB).
Certification programs included in the awards are the Wisconsin Department of Administration’s MBE, WBE and SDVB certifications; the Wisconsin Department of Transportation’s Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) certification; the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) certification; the North Central Minority Supplier Development Council certification; and the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council certification.
The finalists with more than 25 employees in the Outstanding Large Business Award category for MBE, WBE or SDVB businesses are:
- Amigo Construction LLC – Cambridge
- Coakley Brothers and Brothers Interiors – Milwaukee
- Greenfire Management – Milwaukee
- JCP Construction LLC – Milwaukee
- JT Engineering Inc. – Hobart
- RINKA Inc. – Milwaukee
- Security Officer Services Inc. – Milwaukee
The finalists with 25 or fewer employees in the Outstanding Small Business Award category for MBE, WBE or SDVB businesses are:
- AdBidtise LLC – Milwaukee
- DI and Associates Inc. – Madison
- Nagel Architects LLC – Elm Grove
- PeroDigm Design Studio LLC – Cambridge
- Prism Technical Management & Marketing Services LLC – Milwaukee
- Red Shoes Inc. – Appleton
- Terra Venture Advisors LLC – Elm Grove
- Thompson & Associates Wetland Services LLC – South Milwaukee
- Your Personal Gardener LLC – Mukwonago
The finalists for the Rising Star Award category for MBE WBE, or SDVB businesses (established since 2015) are:
- Dear Management – Pleasant Prairie
- DK-39 Management and Consulting LLC – Middleton
- Genesis Health Consulting LLC – Milwaukee
- Helianthus LLC – Milwaukee
- Forte Investigations LLC dba Justice Support – Fond du Lac
- LEDSENS LLC dba Safelumin – Oconomowoc
- MAID in Lake Geneva Inc. – Lake Geneva
- Reach Out Agency LLC – Milwaukee
- Saving Ourselves LLC – Milwaukee
Award finalists will benefit from recognition at the event and through media promotion.
MARKETPLACE 2019, which takes place Oct. 23-24, is the premier business capacity-building conference of the year for minority-, woman- and veteran-owned businesses pursuing contracts with state, federal and local agencies as well as corporations.
For 38 years, the conference has brought together businesses, agencies and business development resources to create new opportunities for State of Wisconsin–certified companies. Close to 90 exhibitors, including lenders, business resources, certifying agencies and businesses, will be featured in the MARKETPLACE Expo Hall on Oct. 24.
The individual cost is $70 for both days, with a $20 additional fee for the Oct. 23 evening reception. Discounts are available for minority-, woman- and veteran-owned businesses. Buyers and supplier diversity managers from government agencies and private corporations attending to meet potential suppliers can register at no charge.