The Wisconsin Innovation Awards are accepting applications for innovative products, services and companies as they look to recognize innovators from throughout the state for a sixth consecutive year.
The awards span various business sectors, including but not limited to technology, food, health care, agriculture, nonprofits, education and government. The deadline to apply or nominate is May 31, 2019.
The contest receives hundreds of nominations each year that are judged by a panel of experts from around Wisconsin. Last year, more than 350 nominations were narrowed down to 33 finalists and produced the following winners:
- Agriculture: CORNCOB Inc. (Waukesha)
- Art: The Mill Events (Chetek)
- Business to Business: TailoredCare (Madison)
- Education: LAUNCH–School District of Elmbrook (Brookfield)
- Health: Propeller Health (Madison)
- Manufacturing: Photonic Cleaning Technologies LLC (Platteville)
- Nonprofit: Rebalanced-Life Wellness Association (Brooklyn)
- Professional Services: SmartUQ LLC (Madison)
- Software: MatchBack Systems Inc. (Green Bay)
- People’s Choice: Torq Labs (Madison)
The award ceremony where nominees, community members and business leaders gather to celebrate a night of inspiration and recognition of 10 winners, will be Oct. 9 at the Wisconsin Memorial Union in Madison.
Founded by Madison entrepreneurs Matt Younkle and Joe Boucher, the event originated in 2014 with funding and support from American Family Insurance, Baird, Exact Sciences, First Business, Neider & Boucher and WEDC, all of which are still current sponsors today.