Nominations for the second annual Wisconsin Innovation Awards (WIA) open on Monday, March 2. Led by a steering committee of business, community and entrepreneurial leaders, WIA highlights and honors the development of groundbreaking and innovative ideas in Wisconsin.
The WIA event will take place on Tuesday, Aug. 18, at Discovery World in Milwaukee, in conjunction with the 2015 Forward Fest. Nominations will be reviewed by a statewide panel of judges, and during the nomination period, events will be held in Madison, Milwaukee and the Fox Valley to promote the awards.
The inaugural WIA event brought together 350 leaders from the business, nonprofit, education, government, manufacturing, biotech and startup communities to celebrate innovation across Wisconsin. In 2014, more than 130 nominations were submitted and 10 winners were selected:
- The Boldt Company (Appleton)
- BREW Accelerator, The Water Council (Milwaukee)
- Discovery World Design Futurist Internship Program (Milwaukee)
- Isomark Canary Breath Delta Value Analyzer (Madison)
- Milwaukee Justice Center Mobile Legal Clinic (Milwaukee)
- Microbe Detectives (Milwaukee)
- RAI Stone Analytics (Eau Claire)
- Scanalytics (Milwaukee)
- Stemina’s devTox Tests (Madison)
- Vitacycle (Madison)