Six lucky Madison entrepreneurial teams will compete for a chance to pitch their innovative ideas to investors in Silicon Valley, after being selected by the Greater Madison Chamber of Commerce for the neXXpo: Business in Fast Forward event.
The event includes two different contests, the Pressure Chamber and Startup Showcase, as well as a networking happy hour sponsored by Zendesk and access to an Expo floor. neXXpo will take place Aug. 25 at the Monona Terrace, beginning at 10:30 a.m.
The six companies that will compete for the all-expenses-paid investment trip to Silicon Valley include:
- Fetch Rewards, which designed a mobile app to simplify and shorten trips to the grocery store;
- Redox, creator of a system for connecting hospitals and health centers to electronic records systems;
- Swallow Solutions, developer of medical devices that help those with difficulty swallowing;
- bluDiagnostics, which created a device to help measure female fertility;
- SmartUQ, developer of analytics software that speeds up complex virtual simulations; and
- Health eFilings, which developed software to help health care providers comply with Medicare reporting requirements
UPDATE 9/1: After all six participating companies pitched their best ideas to the panel of neXXpo judges, bluDiagnostics, creator of the app-based female fertility device, won the competition. Founder Katie Brenner will make the trip to Silicon Valley in October to persuade investors to back her company, who also won the 2015 Governor’s Business Plan Competition.