Ten of Wisconsin’s most innovative companies were honored at the 2016 Wisconsin Innovation Awards in Madison on Aug. 16. The winners were judged by a panel of 17 industry experts from around the state, in 10 categories including education, biotechnology, software and manufacturing.
Winners, chosen from 180 nominees, represented small, medium and large companies around all areas of the state.
The winners of the 2016 awards are listed below:
- Education: Oshkosh-based ActiveEDU, creator of a Web-based portal that provides school teachers with thousands of exercise videos aligned with Common Core Standards.
- Biotechnology: Waukesha-based FloraSeq LLC, whose product that takes a revolutionary approach to treating hospital-acquired infections
- Health IT – Service: Madison-based Lynx Biosciences LLC, which developed a product that helps to rapidly analyze the response of blood cancer patients’ tumor cells with their non-tumor cells during therapy
- Software: Delafield-based Montage, a provider of on-demand video interviewing for use in talent recruiting
- Manufacturing: Whitefish Bay-based NanoAffix Science LLC, which created technology for real-time detection of water contaminants
- Health IT – Software: Madison-based Redox, which created a platform to help improve efficiency in the health care industry
- Business to Consumer: Oshkosh-based Snotco LLC, which created a gel that creates a barrier to allow consumers to paint in a straight line without bleeding onto the taped off surface
- Agriculture: Madison-based Square Harvest Inc., which developed a Web store and mobile app that aggregates products from local farms to allow customers to shop local
- Business to Business: Madison-based Understory, a weather analytics company that provides data to insurers and policyholders
- People’s Choice: Madison-based POLCO, which created a crowdsourcing platform that connects people with local governments for polling and public policy engagements
More information on the Wisconsin Innovation Awards and winners can be found on the event’s website.