For the sixth year, Steve Case, chairman and CEO of Revolution LLC, and the Rise of the Rest team are touring the nation looking to invest in passionate entrepreneurs with startups that can change the world. On Tuesday, Oct. 17, Case and Rise of the Rest will be stopping in Green Bay as part of Launch Wisconsin 2017 for a $100,000 pitch competition.
Rise of the Rest is a nationwide effort to work closely with entrepreneurs in emerging startup ecosystems. Startups who meet the following requirements are encouraged to apply:
- Have a live product/service or be in active beta
- Have measurable performance indicators such as revenue, customers or successful beta results
- Currently raising or have near-term plans to raise an early-stage round
- Headquartered in Wisconsin; however, Madison-based companies are not eligible.
During the competition, companies will be judged on:
- Bold Idea: Does the idea “swing for the fences” and have the potential to disrupt a big industry, affect your community, or even change the world?
- Jobs: Will the idea, if it scales, employ a large number of people?
- Team: Does the team have the skills and leadership to move forward on this idea?
- Execution: Is there strong customer growth or revenue?
- Business model: Has a revenue model been defined and is it realistic and sustainable?
- Supporting documents: The quality of your application responses and other supporting materials such as pitch deck, company website, product demo, video introduction.
Green Bay-area startups interested in applying for the pitch competition can apply by clicking here.
Companies must submit a completed application no later than 5:00 p.m. EST Tuesday, Aug. 15 to be considered. Finalists will be notified by Friday, Sept. 15.
Rise of the Rest is about celebrating the American entrepreneurial tradition across the nation. As the cost of starting companies continues to decrease and connectivity makes it easier for entrepreneurs to hire the best talent, the Rise of the Rest gives entrepreneurs more flexibility to start companies where they prefer to live.
During the tour, Case personally invests a total of $500,000 in local startups. At each stop, they visit the fastest-growing local startups, hear directly from innovators, spend time learning from local policy and business leaders, and host a big party to celebrate startups within the community.
Members of the Green Bay and broader Wisconsin community interested in attending the pitch competition can sign up exclusively via the Launch Wisconsin website. Rise of the Rest does not receive any proceeds from Launch Wisconsin ticket sales. At each stop, the fireside chat, pitch competition, and happy hour are free and open to the public. Tickets are available now and space is limited.